Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Just like the average family.....

My mothers wish was for my life to be "normal".

A family which includes an individual with cerebral palsy thinks - "this IS normal" as long as your child is not having a seizure, surgery or other neurological struggle.   

Many do look upon us and say, "I don't know how do you do it?"    Some days a pray for just a little NORMAL... today is normal.  The kids went to school for the 4th week.  The homework came home, the after school football game - the stress and drama of the football team loss - the unique wrapping of the motor disabled child to keep him warm and dry.  Trying to figure out who will spend Saturday selling popcorn with the cub scouts with my middle son.  Eating dinner, doing the dishes while verbally forcing showers and baths to my house full of boys.  And finally - kids to bed. 

Now there is a little time left for mom to complete some light work.  This means I just may get to bed before 2am.... what is everyone talking about?  Isn't this is normal?   I think everyone else is doing the same, right?  Where is the "not normal?"

Hope your day has been "NORMAL" too!

No comments:

Post a Comment