Thursday, September 8, 2011

We have finally done it - we have went Internet viral!

Hello to all Cerebral Palsy friends and families out there!  Most of you know - life is hard enough without all the additional things we must to in a single day to supplement the lives of our children and loved ones.

For those of you who do not know, we are a small 501c-3 non-profit group trying to make a difference in  motor disabled children lives - one day at a time, one great cause at a time.  We support educational technology needs, special needs equipment, disability playgrounds, home schooling and therapy needs such as conductive education. 

Who am I?  I am the president of  Help Cerebral Palsy Kids Corporation, and the parent of a son with spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy.  I have a different out look on life someday... well most days!   After 7 years of teaching my son and learning A LOT of patience - and the loss of my mother to cancer.  I decided I had to gain some control as life seemed to be spiraling out of control.  So... we adopted two additional children - ages 8 and 12 at the time.   What was I thinking?  Boys no less! 

I tell people I have regained control and taken back my life.  However, does that truly happen to any of us? 


My entire family helps with small fundraisers - finding help is truly a difficult task.  Families with disabled children sometimes seem hard to approach.  Some are angry, confused or frustrated.  Others are fairly normal.   When you think of it this way, we are completely no different than your average family! 

So welcome to our helpCPkids.com blog spot.   We hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment